Our system has been updated and improved! It should now work with most versions of IE in addition to other browsers, but if you’re having trouble using IE, we still recommend trying Firefox, Chrome or another standards-based browser before giving up and contacting us. Also, your first time through the system, you won’t need to wait to receive an emailed link. We no longer take American Express, but we do take Visa, MC and Discover.
Once you’ve started a registration, you’ll need to wait for an emailed link to get into it when you return to the system. We have chosen to do this in order to protect your information. If you find you aren’t receiving your registration link, the following may help you out.(original fetlife post)
Not Receiving a Registration Link
Unique Email Address for Each Person
Each person who wants to register must use a unique email address. You can’t register multiple people under one address. It’s a security feature to keep your personal information yours and make sure no one can take your entry to the event.
Common Reasons People Don’t Receive Their Registration Links
1) Mistyped email addresses – Yes, it happens, even to you. People make typing errors all the time. Not a big deal. Most links show up in a minute, sometimes longer, most often far less. Best course of action is to wait a little while then request a new link, making sure your address is typed correctly. Common errors are “.con” or “@gmal” or “@yaho.com”.
2) Links Get Caught in Spam Filters – Gmail is especially sensitive and catches all kinds of things that aren’t spam (I check my spam folder once a week and regularly find items that shouldn’t be there). And enough people have reported reg links as spam for one reason or another (see ‘mistyped email addresses’ above) that Gmail has us flagged as a possible spam source. Even if you’re using, for example, an ‘@comcast.net’ email address, if it comes through a Gmail account, Gmail’s spam filter checks it. I use my Gmail account for all my business email and I’ve had test links I sent myself caught in my spam filter. If I’m not immune, you aren’t.
We’re working to solve the spam issue, but realistically there isn’t much we can do. The best course of action is to check your spam filters/folders and see if your link ended up there. It also helps to add registrar at turtlehillevents dot org to your address book.
3) Gmail Categories – We’ve been made aware that the new ‘Categories’ feature in Gmail is causing some issues. People have been finding their reg links in the ‘Promotions’ and ‘Social’ tabs as well as the ‘Primary‘ tabs. We recommend you check all of those as well (if you’re using them).
If after all that you’re still not receiving a reg link from us please contact us directly at [email protected].
Please be sure to let us know which event you’re asking about though – we have multiple systems open at a given time and we’re not omniscient.
Updating or Completing a Registration
If you’ve started a registration and need to finish/pay for it or you want to update information (like hotel info) you can do so by following the instructions below:
Registration Log-in Instructions
1) To log in and finish your registration go to the registration page of the event your registration is for, just as you did to register.
2) Enter the email address you used to start your registration. You will be sent a new registration link.
3) Click that link and you’ll be taken directly into your registration where you can review, make changes to, pay for or otherwise complete it. Clicking the ‘Continue’ button at the bottom of the page will save your progress so there’s no need to click all the way through to the end (unless you need to make payment).
You can log in to your existing registration to make changes at any time by following these steps. If you have any questions or issues please let us know.