Interested in volunteering at GKE? We’re accepting volunteer applications until November 1st, 2016
Perks of Being a Volunteer
- Great community and new friends to be made while on shift.
- A look behind the scenes (pun intended) of an event company!
- Respectful reputation within the JME community!
- A volunteer t-shirt to remember the event.
- Access to snacks and refreshments in our con suite!
- A cheaper ticket price! Woo more money to spend!
Available Volunteer Positions for GKE
- Con Suite
- The con suite is a place where volunteers, staff, and performers can go to grab snacks and refreshments. It is the duty of the con suite volunteer, to help the suite leader to maintain an organized and clean environment. It is very important that a suite volunteer be good at general organizing and cleaning.
- Driver or “gopher”
- A Driver is key to our logistics department, the backbone for an event. They need to be able to navigate local roads, and abide by local driving laws. A driver may need to pickup posters, performers, food, and supplies. A valid driver’s license (or permit if allowed to drive without supervision and transport others) and vehicle are required to apply for this position. (limited to 1-2 positions available)
- Information/Registration Desk
- A volunteer positioned in this sector would need to have basic knowledge of general locations and performances for the event.
- Logistics Support
- This job title offers a chance for volunteers to help our logistics department. The goal of this position is to offer support to our staff. You may be required to do odd jobs, and/or fill in for another job titles as a last minute replacement.
- Security/Badge checking
- The goal of the security group is to maintain order within the event. You may be tasked with checking for badges, have a clear understanding of rules of the event, and helping the Safety & EMS teams with their duties.
- Condom Fairy
- A Condom Fairy helps organize safer sex supplies, and helps maintain a healthy sexual atmosphere.
This may include: Handing out gendered condoms, handing out personal lubricants, educating or explain how to use a sexual health product. Volunteers for this position should be very comfortable discussing the use of these products with attendees.
- Set up/Tear down crew
- This position requires physical movement, and may include offering help to the Ops department in setting up vendor locations, light-medium load lifting.. This position is for Thursday Night/Friday Morning and Sunday Night.
- Dungeon Assembly team
- This group requires early arrival. There may be a physical aspect and we recommend being familiar with tools used in carpentry.
- Performer Liaison
- An organized individual tasked with this job title, will coordinate between our performance team and our awesome performers. This may include fulfilling obligations with performers such as, acquiring audio tech, relaying information about stage locations and performance times, and assisting with performances.
- Vendor Liaison
- This position assists the Vending Team in helping vendors set up and break down, helps with Vendor check-in, and helps solve issues that arise for vendors during the course of the event. Vendor Liaisons must be able to safely lift/push 50lbs.
Additional Information for Potential Volunteers (required reading) is on the first page of the Volunteer Application.
Applications close November 1, 2016.